CPMA Webinar Series
The fresh fruits and vegetables industry is fast-paced and dynamic. There is little opportunity to take time out of a busy day for training and education. Recognizing the challenge of continuing education in our industry, CPMA develops, organizes and hosts webinars designed specifically for the fresh produce industry.
There are many diverse topics throughout the fresh fruit and vegetable supply chain, and CPMA's Education Committee works diligently to identify trends, topics and key issues and develop informative and dynamic webinars.
CPMA Presents: Profiting from Reducing Shrink in the Produce Industry Webinar
Businesses can improve financial performance by 10+ percent by implementing simple practices that lead to more effective processes. With shrink and associated wastes typically accounting for 20 percent of all costs incurred by businesses operating in the produce industry, the opportunity to increase profitability by improving operational performance should not be underestimated.
The webinar will present eight easy to follow tools developed by Value Chain Management International (VCMI) in conjunction with the Ontario Produce Marketing Association (OPMA). The tools are enabling businesses situated along the value chain (farmers, packers, shippers, wholesalers, distributors, retailers and foodservice) to measurably improve their financial performance by addressing basic process problems that can be resolved in a relatively short time. The tools’ use does not rest on users possessing prior experience in process improvement or operational management.
The webinar will provide you with a clearer understanding of
- how your business can profit from reducing shrink by applying 8 simple tools, and
- examples of how businesses have benefited from using tools developed by VCMI/OPMA.
Date and time: Wednesday, October 25 – 1:00 pm EST
(The webinar will run for approximately 45 minutes.)
Click here to register
This project was funded in part through Growing Forward 2 (GF2), a federal-provincial-territorial initiative. The Agricultural Adaptation Council assists in the delivery of GF2 in Ontario.
CPMA is pleased to offer this webinar in collaboration with:
OPMA and Value Chain Management International
About the Presenter:
Martin Gooch, PhD
Chief Executive Officer, Value Chain Management International
Dr. Martin Gooch is co-founder and CEO of Value Chain Management International, a global consulting company that helps businesses, primarily in the agriculture and food industry, enhance their long-term profitability and environmental sustainability. Martin has considerable international experience developing commercially successful value chain initiatives, which have received domestic and international acclaim. Two decades of analyzing businesses and value chains to identify where food and related waste occurs and why, and developing relationships with international initiatives designed to enable businesses to profit from reducing food waste, led to VCMI establishing the Cut Waste, GROW PROFIT™ initiative.
Martin holds a PhD and Master’s degree in agri-food management, a Bachelor of International Business, along with qualifications in farm management and crop production. In 2013 Martin received Bayer Inc.’s “Outstanding Canadian” award for his contribution to “Food Chain Partnerships,” and was appointed Adjunct Professor at the College of Business and Economics, University of Guelph.
For more information, please contact:
Canadian Produce Marketing Association
(+1) 613-226-4187 x216 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Suggest a topic for a future webinar.
Getting Value for Your Membership Recording Available
Are you getting the most out of your CPMA membership? Join Lyse McClelland CPMA Membership Manager and some of our members as we delve into all CPMA has to offer.
Label reviews, education initiatives, government advocacy and the Annual CPMA Convention & Trade Show are just some of your member benefits. We invite you to join us to learn more about CPMA and how you can make the most of your membership.
Access the recording by clicking here.
CPMA’s Webinar Series has focused on a number of topics including:
- My CFIA Demonstration for CPMA members
- Foreign Exchange Risk. What is it and why should it matter to you?
- CPMA Consumer Engagement Program Results
- Simplifying Produce Imports – The Single Window Initiative
- Technology and Changing Consumer Expectation
- CPMA Webinar: Getting Value for Your Membership
- CFIA Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Establishment Inspections
- Measuring the Economic Impact of Canada’s Produce Industry
- The Produce Industry and Canadian Food Safety Modernization
- CPMA Fresh Produce Market Research Report
- Produce Coding
- Doing Business in Canada
- New fees and service agreement for Canadian Destination Inspection Services (DIS)
- eManifest: Doing business across the border - eManifest will affect you
- CPMA 101 and Sneak Peak at the New Consumer Marketing Campaign
- Preparing for the Produce Traceability Initiative (PTI)
- Technologies for the Fresh Produce Cold Chain
- Labelling: Meeting the Canadian Requirements
- Food Safety
- Pandemic Emergency Planning