CPMA Webinar Series
The fresh fruits and vegetables industry is fast-paced and dynamic. There is little opportunity to take time out of a busy day for training and education. Recognizing the challenge of continuing education in our industry, CPMA develops, organizes and hosts webinars designed specifically for the fresh produce industry.
There are many diverse topics throughout the fresh fruit and vegetable supply chain, and CPMA's Education Committee works diligently to identify trends, topics and key issues and develop informative and dynamic webinars.
Upcoming Webinar: Foreign Exchange Risk. What is it and why should it matter to you?
Produce industry professionals have enough on their plate without worrying how exchange rates could cut into profits. In this webinar, we will look at the impact that currency volatility has on produce importers and exporters, and outline key methods for protecting your business.
After the webinar, participants should be able to:
- Assess how currency volatility affects their business and bottom line.
- Identify the tools available to help manage foreign exchange requirements.
- Understand the basics of implementing these tools to create cost certainty and protect profit margins.
About the speaker: Jared Burns is the VP of Corporate Foreign Exchange with EncoreFX and a dedicated member of CPMA. He has 10 years of financial market experience, which he’s chosen to devote to Canadian businesses navigating the waters of international trade. Using a consultative and educational focus, Jared provides members of the international business community with the tools and knowledge they need to make informed decisions in this rapidly changing market.
Date and Time: Thursday, March 30, 2017 1:00 pm EST. (The webinar will run for 45 minutes.)
Click here to be notified when a recording of the webinar is available
Space is limited, so please register early to avoid disappointment.
For more information, please contact:
Canadian Produce Marketing Association
(+1) 613-226-4187 x216 | email@example.com
Suggest a topic for a future webinar.
Future webinars are planned and will be advertised to members when the dates are confirmed.
Getting Value for Your Membership Recording Available
Are you getting the most out of your CPMA membership? Join Lyse McClelland CPMA Membership Manager and some of our members as we delve into all CPMA has to offer.
Label reviews, education initiatives, government advocacy and the Annual CPMA Convention & Trade Show are just some of your member benefits. We invite you to join us to learn more about CPMA and how you can make the most of your membership.
Access the recording by clicking here.
CPMA’s Webinar Series has focused on a number of topics including:
- CPMA Consumer Engagement Program Results
- Simplifying Produce Imports – The Single Window Initiative
- Technology and Changing Consumer Expectation
- CPMA Webinar: Getting Value for Your Membership
- CFIA Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Establishment Inspections
- Measuring the Economic Impact of Canada’s Produce Industry
- The Produce Industry and Canadian Food Safety Modernization
- CPMA Fresh Produce Market Research Report
- Produce Coding
- Doing Business in Canada
- New fees and service agreement for Canadian Destination Inspection Services (DIS)
- eManifest: Doing business across the border - eManifest will affect you
- CPMA 101 and Sneak Peak at the New Consumer Marketing Campaign
- Preparing for the Produce Traceability Initiative (PTI)
- Technologies for the Fresh Produce Cold Chain
- Labelling: Meeting the Canadian Requirements
- Food Safety
- Pandemic Emergency Planning