CPMA Webinar Series
The fresh fruits and vegetables industry is fast-paced and dynamic. There is little opportunity to take time out of a busy day for training and education. Recognizing the challenge of continuing education in our industry, CPMA develops, organizes and hosts webinars designed specifically for the fresh produce industry.
There are many diverse topics throughout the fresh fruit and vegetable supply chain, and CPMA's Education Committee works diligently to identify trends, topics and key issues and develop informative and dynamic webinars.
Defining Blockchain and the Potential Impact on Produce
Click here to register
Join us Thursday, February 15th at 1:00p.m. EST
Open to CPMA members only. Not a member yet? Join today!
Blockchain has become a common term thrown around a number of offices and boardrooms as “something we should really keep an eye on”- but why? Everyone knows it’s the technology behind Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies, but what purpose can this technology serve in other industries? And how exactly can blockchain technology impact produce?
Join Drew Zabrocki, CEO of Centricity Global, as he drills down to provide a straightforward explanation of how the blockchain works. Following that Drew will present a broader view of how blockchain relates to how today’s produce industry operates.
After the presentation there will be a short question and answer period.
After participating in this webinar, attendees should be able to:
- Explain the concept of blockchain
- Explain how the blockchain works
- Identify examples of how the blockchain could impact the produce industry
Drew Zabrocki is the CEO/CTO of Centricity Global; he’s tackling extraordinary challenges with agricultural information standardization, alignment and interoperability. Centricity is farmer owned and deeply rooted in its commitment to equitable knowledge exchange through leading edge technologies that deliver meaningful value to the stakeholders.
As the CEO, Drew’s influences through the eyes of the farmer advocating transparency, value retention and knowledge exchange at scale. As CTO, Drew inspires the development of Centricity's software, API and blockchain technologies which enable better decisions on the farm, forward across the supply value chain. Centricity unlocks the value of data while protecting the knowledge asset for leading agribusinesses worldwide.
For more information, please contact:
Canadian Produce Marketing Association
(+1) 613-226-4187 x216 | email@example.com
Suggest a topic for a future webinar.
Getting Value for Your Membership Recording Available
Are you getting the most out of your CPMA membership? Join Lyse McClelland CPMA Membership Manager and some of our members as we delve into all CPMA has to offer.
Label reviews, education initiatives, government advocacy and the Annual CPMA Convention & Trade Show are just some of your member benefits. We invite you to join us to learn more about CPMA and how you can make the most of your membership.
Access the recording by clicking here.
CPMA’s Webinar Series has focused on a number of topics including:
- My CFIA Demonstration for CPMA members
- Foreign Exchange Risk. What is it and why should it matter to you?
- CPMA Consumer Engagement Program Results
- Simplifying Produce Imports – The Single Window Initiative
- Technology and Changing Consumer Expectation
- CPMA Webinar: Getting Value for Your Membership
- CFIA Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Establishment Inspections
- Measuring the Economic Impact of Canada’s Produce Industry
- The Produce Industry and Canadian Food Safety Modernization
- CPMA Fresh Produce Market Research Report
- Produce Coding
- Doing Business in Canada
- New fees and service agreement for Canadian Destination Inspection Services (DIS)
- eManifest: Doing business across the border - eManifest will affect you
- CPMA 101 and Sneak Peak at the New Consumer Marketing Campaign
- Preparing for the Produce Traceability Initiative (PTI)
- Technologies for the Fresh Produce Cold Chain
- Labelling: Meeting the Canadian Requirements
- Food Safety
- Pandemic Emergency Planning