Reduce Waste, Increase Profits
Growers, shippers, packers, distributors, retailers, and other businesses operating in the produce industry can improve their financial performance by at least 10 percent by implementing simple practices that lead to more robust and effective processes.
Developed by Value Chain Management International (VCMI), in conjunction with CPMA, this online resource provides your business with a proven means to generate high returns on investment (ROI) by addressing waste and recurring procedural problems in a structured manner.
Presented in 14 easy-to-navigate steps, the resource contains clearly understandable tools and techniques that are most commonly used at the start of a continuous process improvement initiative. Examples of waste that this tool will help you address include food waste (products/produce), equipment failure, lost production, energy, labour, packaging, and transportation.
Outcomes achieved by businesses that have successfully used the guidelines and techniques contained in this online resource include:
- Reduced labour costs – by having implemented more effective daily management systems;
- Reduced transport costs – by having modified transportation routes and protocols;
- Reduced input costs – by having lessened the occurrence of wasted or damaged products;
- Increased revenue – by having accessed new markets or increased sales in current markets; and
- Increased margins – by having improved the consistency and predictability of product quality.
Click here to access the CPMA Waste Efficiency Resource